Thursday, October 23, 2008

Fred

I have had many people ask me over the last few days why my blog is titled Fred's Fun Forum -- so here's the back story. As many of you know I have an older brother named Brian. We are very close and he is two years older than I am. In typical older brother fashion, I was picked on incessantly growing up; but I always went back for more. I was a little brother and little sister all rolled into one. I'd go outside and play baseball with him, we'd play tackle football on the beach (lots of fun for him, not so much for me!) and as we grew older he'd make sure no guy I was dating ever treated me badly. Again, in typical older brother fashion he bestowed many nicknames on me ranging from Ocean Annie (Ann is my middle name), Orstil, CC and RB -- whose explanations are too complicated to explain. However, the one name that stuck was Fred. We had a distant cousin named Freddie, who was a bit "strange" and one day Brian decided it would be funny to call me Fred -- and boy did it stick. The latest iteration of name is Fredfu, which stemmed from a night that I was at his condo doing work on his computer. I was saving my work typed in Fred Fu instead of Fred's Folder and the rest is history. Brian unfortunately was right behind me and bursted out laughing. I have to admit it was pretty funny. So now, birthday cards are addressed to Fredfu and messages are left for Fredfu.

Till my next entry -- Fredfu has left the buidling.

No comments: